National Association of Geoscience Teachers
Pacific Northwest Section
WELCOME to the PNW Section!
Welcome to the home of the Pacific Northwest Section of the NAGT. Our section is comprised of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and the Canadian Provinces of British Columbia and Yukon.
The goal of the PNW Section is to provide educational resources to NW geoscience community, via our website, periodic (Spring, Fall, Winter) newsletters, the annual field conference, and our Facebook page. The field conference is our #1 outreach program; geoscientists from around the PNW and further afield congregate the 3rd week in June each year for our Sectional Meeting, which includes a day of talks and several regional geology field trips. To learn more, check out the Meetings page.
Hosted by Ralph & Cheryl Dawes
Election Time: Voting now Open
Section officer nominations are in, and we need your votes. Please follow the link below to submit a vote. Write-in nominations/votes accepted, also.
Membership Survey: 2016 "Field-based" Conference
We are considering a “field conference” for NAGT 2016. The primary goals of the conference would be to experience the geology of:
- the Paleozoic-Mesozoic Wallowa island arc terrane exposed in Hells Canyon and the Seven Devils mountains
- the Mesozoic western Idaho accretionary boundary in the Clearwater and Salmon River valleys
- the Proterozoic North American margin and Bitterroot & Atlanta lobes of the Cretaceous-Paleogene Idaho batholith in the Clearwater valley and Salmon River mountains
- the Western Idaho Shear Zone
- Hells Canyon & the Seven Devils
In order to gauge interest in this conference, please read more about the proposed conference, and take this short survey.
Pittsburgh Landing, Hells Canyon. Photo by A. Buddington.
Photos: Wenatchee area fieldtrip sites